High performing workplaces increasingly require a workforce with 21st century skills. By working with educators to facilitate the integration of technology, the Virginia Society for Technology in Education (VSTE) helps further the development of these crucial 21st century skills, thus helping prepare the workforce of the future. As we enter an unprecedented era of globalization, our mission is more critical than ever.
Since 1986 VSTE has served the entire community of technology educators. Our members represent key decision makers including teachers, administrators, students, parents, businesses leaders, and others who are interested in promoting technology’s role in educating the workforce of the 21st century.
VSTE provides the only statewide conference devoted to all aspects of technology in education. Our mission continues year-round through electronic publications, partnerships, professional learning communities, online professional development, advocacy activities at the state and federal level, and active participation in several other national and state conferences.
Remember, Virginia is recognized nationally for innovative and creative solutions bringing effective technology into the classroom. We are the first and only state to adopt the Instructional Technology Resource Teacher (ITRT) model in all our classrooms, statewide.
Background and Demographics
Mission - “to promote excellence in education through professional development endeavors supporting the integration of existing and emerging technologies”
- 6000+ members (third largest ISTE affiliate organization in the country)
- Membership composed of pre-service education students, teachers, principals, specialists, instructional technology resource teachers (ITRTs), superintendents, university faculty, parents, businesses, and others who are interested in promoting technology’s role in education.
- Membership includes private sector supporters of technology in education
- Board of Directors directs all programs of the organization. Membership comprised of representatives who are geographically, job focus and grade level distributed.
Annual Technology in Education Conference
- Oldest state-wide technology in education conference in Virginia
- Nationally recognized event
- Over 800 attendees each year with 75+ exhibitors
- Over 125 concurrent sessions
- One day Educational Technology Leadership Institute at beginning of the Annual Conference
- Attendee breakdown: administrators and district level (25%), trainers and integrators, (50%), classroom teachers (25%)
- CTO Clinic
- Other Face to Face Learning Events
- Webinars & Virtual Sessions
- VSTE Island (Second Life)
- Advocates for Technology in Education
- Partners with Selected Vendors for Group Purchasing Options
- Professional Learning Networks
- Virginia’s Community of Anytime Knowledge
Of course, we welcome support for our annual conference.
However, we encourage you to consider additional ways to support our organization:
- Sponsor for one-day workshops including the CTO Clinic (Support levels vary)
- Newsletter sponsor: $250 for a one-month sponsorships; includes four newsletter to full VSTE membership; image, 150 words, link
- Webinar sponsor: $250 for a one-time webinar; includes opportunity to welcome attendees and a thank you in all membership correspondance
Contact Us to learn more about this opportunity to support our work and to reach out to your audience at the same time!