Leading Ed Forum - Leading Education Forward
Thursday, October 19, 2023
ACCA Shriner’s Center
1712 Bellevue Ave, Richmond, VA 23227
The Consortium for School Networking reports that over the past 10 years, the top challenge for EdTech leaders remains the same. Budget constraints and lack of resources were ranked the number one challenge in 2013, it still ranks as the number one challenge in 2023. However, some of the other top priorities have changed. The top three in 2013 were mobile learning, BYOD, and online assessment readiness. In 2023, cybersecurity tops the list, followed by network infrastructure, student data privacy, and security.
With budgets stretched thin and expectations at an all-time high, the return on investment looms large for school technology leaders. VSTE’s 2023 Leading Ed Forum will bring together all those with common concerns and needs so that we can focus on the future, finding ways to deliver ideas and strategies to set the stage for progress for the next decade one school year at a time.
Technology Directors from all regions of Virginia have identified their own greatest areas of concern:
- Lack of qualified IT staff to support 1:1 computing programs and the division's IT infrastructure
- Maintaining 1:1 with the financial cost of damaged/lost/missing devices
- Cybersecurity and the need for division-wide education, training, and staff to support preparedness
- Keeping pace with modern technology acceleration and the challenges related to emerging technologies including technical support staff and instructional implications for the use
- Sustaining infrastructure after COVID
- Standards of Quality funded positions for ITRT's and technicians, given the acceleration of technology, are not currently sufficient
- Student data privacy!
- Available and affordable internet at home for students and staff
This year’s Leading Ed Forum will draw together experienced leaders and current industry experts on these topics to assist school divisions in finding the best possible solutions and designing a path forward that honors the desire for educational opportunity with the stark realities of the challenges faced by those leading in education.
The Opening Session will start at 8:30 AM. The full schedule will be released at a later date. The attendee cost is $100.
Register at https://vste.org/leadinged23/