Diane Harazin and Lynmara Colon from Prince William County Public Schools are leading our October book study. We'll be reading Learning Transformed: 8 Keys to Designing Tomorrow's Schools, Today by Eric C. Sheninger and Thomas C. Murray.
You can review the first webinar archive here. (The link will open in a new tab.)
We'll be using flipgrid to share thoughts about the book. (The link will open in a new tab.)
- Week 1/October 2nd- Chapters 1 &2
- Week 2/October 9th- Chapters 3&4
- Week 3/October 16th- Chapters 5&6
- Week 4/October 23rd- Chapters 7&8
- October 4- #NovaEd Chat
- October 5- Live Webinar
- October 11 & 18- Flipgrip Interactions
- October 25- Live Webinar
- October 30- Write a Blog Post or Reflection
- January 30- Post with Application
Participants in the Fall 2017 book study are able to earn 10 recertification points by participating in the synchronous and asynchronous events including:
- At least one of two live webinars (October 5, 7:30 PM & October 25, 7:30 PM) Webinars will be held in VSTE's Adobe Connect room: http://vste.adobeconnect.com/vstereads Choose guest login and enter your name the way you wish it to appear in the attendee list.
- #novaedchat Twitter Chat (October 4, 8:00 - 9:00 PM) You'll need a free Twitter account. Be sure to use the hashtag #novaedchat AND #vstereads. Here's a short tutorial about participating in Tweet Chats.
- Post to at least three of four flipgrid topics related to the book study. (Topics will be posted each week throughout the month of October, usually on Wednesdays.) The Flipgrid link is coming soon!
If you are interested, please complete the registration form.